Recommended System Requirements
Windows: Internet Explorer 11 or later, the latest version of Firefox or Google Chrome
macOS: The latest version of Safari or Firefox
*In some tablet type terminals, displays may be distorted.
Standard browsers for Android 6 or later, iOS 10 or later
Collection and use of personal information
A cookie enables terminal devices such as PCs and smartphones to receive customized personal information from a website. The TSUMUGU: Japan Art & Culture website has some web pages equipped with the cookie function that allows visitors to easily view the website pages.
Personal information is used by The Yomiuri Shimbun (including The Yomiuri Shimbun, Tokyo, The Yomiuri Shimbun, Osaka, and The Yomiuri Shimbun, Seibu) and the TSUMUGU: Japan Art & Culture website to compile various kinds of statistics as required. The processed data may be divulged to advertisers or content providers.
Purpose of use
- Improving the convenience of content search services
- Suggesting article headings based on user needs
- Access analysis (traffic survey) to improve user convenience
- Ascertaining the distribution status of advertisements
- Distribution of advertisements based on user needs (targeted advertising)
- Measuring the effectiveness of advertising
- Full attention is paid to the safety of the TSUMUGU: Japan Art & Culture website. However, the website will not be liable for any loss or damage to the user as a result of system failure, suspension or termination of operation, or incurred by a third party, etc., except in the case of willful or gross negligence on the part of the website.
- The website assumes no responsibility for the integrity, accuracy or usefulness of the articles, information or data on this site.
- Information posted on the website is based on information available at the time of publication and does not always reflect the latest information.
- The contents of this website may be linked to external websites. However, the external websites are not managed or operated by this website, and therefore, this website cannot be held accountable for any damage incurred by or in connection with the external websites.
- The contents and URLs of this website may be changed or deleted without prior notice.
- The website policies of this website may be updated without prior notice. Following such a change, the updated version applies.
Articles indicated “Sponsored by + company name” or “AD” are advertisements that The Yomiuri Shimbun produces at the request of advertisers.
The “TSUMUGU Project” name and logo of this website is a registered trademark. Other names and brands are trade names, trademarks or registered trademarks of respective companies.
Articles, photographs and other content may be used by submitting proper request forms, with some exceptions. In the case of third party materials, permission from the owner of that content may be required. A usage fee will be charged for the use of copyrighted materials unless otherwise noted.
You may, in principle, link to TSUMUGU: Japan Art & Culture. But The Yomiuri Shimbun reserves the right to deny a link, depending on the content of your website or linking methods.
Linking terms and conditions
- Do not use the website in a way that may injure the honor of The Yomiuri Shimbun or the TSUMUGU Project or may lead to economic damages.
- Do not use any registered logo or trademark owned by The Yomiuri Shimbun or the TSUMUGU Project.
- Do not use the link to Yomiuri Shimbun or TSUMUGU Project websites as a means of commercial activity.
- Make it sure that your link to the TSUMUGU: Japan Art & Culture website is clearly recognizable to any third party. Do not use any link button of your own making.
- Do not create a direct link to images or illustrations on the TSUMUGU: Japan Art & Culture website.
- Do not use any frame of your own making for a link to the TSUMUGU Project website.
- Be expressly aware that displaying headlines, articles, photos, illustrations and other content from the TSUMUGU: Japan Art & Culture website to create a link to the same website could constitute a violation of the Copyright Law. If you intend to have headlines or other content posted in your link to the TSUMUGU: Japan Art & Culture website, you are requested to obtain prior permission to do so from The Yomiuri Shimbun. The Yomiuri Shimbun may charge a fee for such use.
- The Yomiuri Shimbun and the TSUMUGU Project shall not be liable for any problems stemming from linking to the TSUMUGU: Japan Art & Culture website. Any such problems shall be dealt with on your own account and at your own cost. If The Yomiuri Shimbun and the TSUMUGU Project incur damage from such problems, they may demand indemnity for the damage done.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The TSUMUGU: Japan Art & Culture website policies shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of Japan. All disputes, controversies or differences which may arise regarding the website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in Japan.
*For details regarding copyrights, trademark rights, link policies et al., contact the Intellectual Property Department of The Yomiuri Shimbun: email@example.com